Pages

Wednesday, March 11

Been a while.....


I know it's nearly mid March - but my new year goal is to blog more this year.
Instead of these patheric updates.
So after this last one -  I'm on it!
In the mean time...

I've been making poppies as part to Lynn's #500poppies project. 
They all need to be done next week - so I'm dropping mine off tomorrow at the 
Melbourne Town Hall, 
where there is a hive of activity putting them into a more manageable form.
Can't wait to see the finished results.
I have been doing a bit of research - and have found a few relatives who were in several wars...

Douglas Inglis Scott Burnes #3587 - 19th Co, 6th Contingent - Boar War
Adam Allan Burnes #11/1126 - 5th Wellington Mounted Rifles (NZ) - WWI
Francis Joseph Griffin - Sth Afican Infantary (from Brighton Vic) - WWI
'died somewhere in France' 20th September 1917
George Maurice Griffin #22012 107th Bn - WWI
Gerald Francis Griffin #5830 - 24th Bn., 16th RF. - WWI
Francis (Frank) Griffin #3751 7th Bn. 12th RF - WWI
Joseph Patrick Griffin #21636 37th Bn, 2nd RF. -WWI
Angus Caughey #1255 8th Light Horse Reg, 10th RF. WWI 
'died of malaria in Egypt'
Francis John Caughey Morgan #451 4th Imperial Cont. - Boar War
Norman Edward Caughey Morgan #5080 Field Artillery Brigade 2, 9th RF - WWI

I never thought I had any relatives that went to war. It's a bit like finding out you have convicts - in this 100th Year of Gallipoli I'm really grateful to all these men that fought.
Before they were soldiers they were lamp-lighters, grocers, civil servant, farmer, labourer
Did you know you can go here to look up your own family

Other news....
Meet Jessica Mae.
She was born on 27th January.
The same day as Thomas (my younger brother) who died Dec 2013.


Anie & Jessica


I got a new garden...

Before
After

In the meantime I'm thinking of Pattie who has been diagnosed with cancer recently.
Her daughter Meg is writing a blog about the journey.
I know it won't feel like it - but they are lucky to have this time to talk, share stories and just be together while they can.






No comments: