Pages

Sunday, October 4

The surreal queue at Dali.......

Last night I thought I'd pop in to the NGV and go to see Dali. I had put it off for ages but was keen to go. I heard a few days ago that on the last night it was going to be open 24hours. Great. Sharron was also keen to go. So after dinner at about 8.30pm we went into the NGV.
OMG!
The line went for ages (but that was just the one we could see!).

We waited in line for over 3 ½ hours before we got to the front of the line at 12.30am. Now that was surreal.
By the time we got in we were slightly delirious.
So were most of the people there.
It was amazing to see how many people in Melbourne come out to see things!
I did take a few photos - this was one of my favorite pieces

3 comments:

willywagtail said...

I don't know why but Dali really appeals to me. Maybe it is my sarcastic, cynical, dreamy side!

Tania said...

Thank you for making the decision to not go that night slightly easier to live with!

myf said...

woah, 3.5 hours, i admire your stamina! how did you pass the time? and i thought the line for the Guggenheim exhibition was rather long.